Who pays for a young person to bring an appeal to the SEND Tribunal?

Where an appeal concerns a child under the age of 16 the appeal is brought by the child’s parents or person with parental responsibility and they will either self–fund bringing the appeal or may qualify for legal help (https://www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid) if the case satisfies the Legal Aid Agency’s merits test and they are financially eligible.

Once a young person reaches 16, appeals are brought in the child’s name, though in most cases the young person is supported by their parents who self-fund the appeal, unless they or the young person qualify for legal help.

Contact us

At Tayntons we can advise you on the best course of action if you are having difficulties with the local authority over your child’s needs.  Our team represents parents of children with a range of SEN.

If you would like to speak to our expert SEN law solicitor, Imelda Brennan, call us on 0800 158 4147, email us at info@tayntons.co.uk  or request a call back and a member of our team will be in touch promptly.

To contact us please call 0800 158 4147 or 03330 145451 or email info@tayntons.co.uk

Contact us
  • Call us

  • Make an enquiry