Residential Property Solicitors
Residential property is a highly valuable asset. Whether it is your home or an investment opportunity, the right legal advice is essential to help your transaction to go ahead smoothly, to keep you protected and to make sure you achieve the outcome you need.
Our residential property solicitors in Gloucester have many years of experience helping homeowners, first-time buyers and residential property investors and developers with all types of residential property transactions in Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean and throughout Gloucestershire.
The expertise of our residential property law team means we can help to ensure your transactions go ahead smoothly, quickly and cost-effectively. Our experience also means we are able to foresee potential problems and take proactive steps to prevent them.
You can be confident of a reliable service when you need to buy or sell your home or carry out any other kind of residential property deal with our team.
We tailor our service to your needs, so whether you are buying a house, selling a flat, investing in a buy to let or second home, renewing a lease, remortgaging or looking for any other type of residential property legal services, we can help.
Wondering how much our residential property expertise might cost? Take a look at our conveyancing pricing.
Our residential property solicitors in Gloucester can offer you:
- Over 130 years’ combined conveyancing experience
- Accreditation by The Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme – the mark of excellence for residential property solicitors
- The Law Society’s Lexcel accreditation in recognition of our strong practice management and client care
- A keen understanding of the local property market
- Fixed fee conveyancing that is fast and efficient, so you will know exactly how much you will be paying upfront
- A friendly, practical and proactive approach to help remove unnecessary stress from your transaction while keeping things moving as quickly as possible
- A strong focus on communication, ensuring you will always be kept informed at every stage of the process
Speak to our residential property lawyers in Gloucester
Our residential property services
Buying or selling a property can be a stressful process, but it does not need to be. We can provide step-by-step support to help make your conveyancing as straightforward as possible, removing any unnecessary headaches and delays.
Our Gloucester conveyancing solicitors can assist with buying and selling all types of residential property, including:
Read more about our expertise with residential conveyancing.
Whatever your reasons for remortgaging, we can help to keep the process swift and simple, saving you time and hassle.
Our team can assist with all aspects of the remortgaging process, including:
- Requesting a redemption statement from your current lender
- Reviewing the terms of your new mortgage
- Handing the transfer of funds
- Updating the title deeds with the Land Registry
Read more about our expertise with remortgaging.
Buy to let property
Buy to let property can be a great investment, but you need to make sure you have fully considered all of the relevant issues so you can achieve the best possible return.
Our residential property lawyers in Gloucester can assist with buy to let property issues, including:
- Purchasing buy to let property
- Selling buy to let property
- Buy to let mortgages
- Landlord and tenant law
Read more about our expertise with buy to let property.
Most flats and many houses are leaseholds. There are additional issues you will need to consider when buying, selling or owning a leasehold property, and it is important that your solicitor understands these issues and that they help you to take all of the right steps.
Our team can assist with leasehold property issues, including:
- Buying leasehold property
- Selling leasehold property
- Lease extensions
- Lease enfranchisement
Read more about our expertise with leasehold property.
Transfer of equity
Transferring ownership of a property can be relatively straightforward or much more complicated depending on the circumstances. It is always a good idea to work with a solicitor with specific expertise in these matters to ensure your interests are not compromised.
Our residential property solicitors in Gloucester can assist with transfer of equity issues, including:
- Transfer of title deeds
- Completion of Land Registry TR1 forms
- Obtaining mortgage lenders’ consent
- Facilitating any transfer of funds between parties
Read more about our expertise with transfer of equity.
Equity release can be an attractive option to release funds for costs such as paying for care, making home improvements or other life plans. However, you must fully understand the terms of any deal you enter into and how they may impact you and your loved ones, so expert legal advice is a must.
Our team can advise on equity release matters, including:
- Lifetime mortgages
- Home reversion plans
Read more about our expertise with equity release.
When buying a property with someone else, you need to carefully consider the basis on which you will share ownership and issues such as how costs will be split and what happens if you need to sell the property or one of you wishes to leave.
Our residential property lawyers can advise on cohabitation issues, including:
- Joint tenancy
- Tenancy in common
- Cohabitation agreements
Read more about our expertise with cohabitation issues.
Residential property development
We offer a specialist service for property developers, drawing on our extensive experience to help your plans go ahead on time and on budget, while providing creative solutions to any issues that may arise.
Our experts can advise on property development issues, including:
- Land acquisitions, transfers and registry approvals
- Site assembly
- Contracts and contract packages
- Road and sewer adoption agreements
- Individual plots, including rights and covenant issues
- Part exchanges – buying and selling
Read more about our services for residential property developers.
Get in touch with our residential property solicitors in Gloucester
Need expert legal advice and support for residential property matters in Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean or anywhere in Gloucestershire?