Freehold Residential Sale Pricing
We are here to take the stress out of selling your property and will guide you through each step of the transaction, tailoring our service to your personal requirements, so you get exactly the service you need.
When it comes to selling a property, there are important decisions you need to make and we are here to ensure that all your legal obligations are met. There are lots of boxes to tick and we want to assist you in selling your house quickly and efficiently.
Whether you are selling your property through an estate agent or privately, we will make everything as clear as possible. Our highly qualified team have the legal and technical “know how” to resolve any issues as they arise in a professional and efficient manner.
Tayntons Residential Property team are accredited members of The Law Society’s Conveyancing Quality Scheme – the mark of excellence for residential property solicitors. Our Residential Property team are highly skilled professionals and have over 130 years’ combined conveyancing experience between them.
We understand that communication is key, so will make sure we are always available to answer your questions in plain English and will keep you informed at every stage of the process. You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty. We feel this provides reassurance and gives you an outlet for any concerns that you may have.
Our approach is simple; we provide a first-class service from our expert team who make the difference by removing confusion and uncertainty, dealing with all of the legal details of a property transaction on your behalf.
We are proud to hold the Lexcel Accreditation awarded by The Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain high levels of client care.
The fees involved in any transaction are important and we review our fees on a regular basis, considering client’s feedback to ensure we always offer good value for money. We typically work on a fixed fee basis, so that from the outset you know what the fees will be for your transaction.
If during the transaction there is a new development, we will discuss the change in fees with you and agree a way forward.
Our fees cover all the work required to complete the sale of your residential property and any disbursements.
For an accurate quote please use our quote calculator which can be found here. This will detail our costs and the disbursements you will incur.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Our fees are fixed, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees estimated above. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
Factors that may lead to an increase in cost include:
- If a legal title is defective or part of the property is unregistered
- If crucial documents, we have previously requested from you have not been provided to us
- If you require to exchange within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require completion within 6 weeks of instructing us
- If you require simultaneous exchange and completion
Please note that we do not undertake tax advice.
For any transaction, the timescales are subject to change depending on when your offer is accepted and other factors involved, such as:
- Number of parties in the chain
- Whether the buyer has a mortgage in place
- Whether the searches flag up any issues
- Whether the buyer’s Survey shows up any issues
- Buyer’s Enquiries
A typical transaction will take between 12-16 weeks. However, if any of the above apply or there are other factors we need to take into consideration, it may increase the time by a further 4-6 weeks and additional charges may occur. We will discuss this with you at the earliest opportunity, so you always have a clear picture of how long things are likely to take.
With every transaction there are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Taking your instructions and giving initial advice based on the information you have provided
- Drafting the contract of sale and any other necessary documents and reviewing these with you
- Sending the contract of sale to the buyer’s solicitor and dealing with any enquiries they have
- Providing advice on all documents and information received
- Finalising the contract and sending to you for signature
- Agreeing a completion date (the date from which the buyer will legally own the property)
- Exchanging contracts and notifying you that this has happened
- Completing the purchase
Who will advise you?
We allocate the most appropriate member of our Residential Property team to your transaction once you instruct us, taking into account the type of transaction, complexity and experience required and the workloads within the department.