Use our simple, affordable online Will writing service to put your final affairs in order and ensure that your family are taken care of after you pass away.
Too many people put off making a Will until it is too late, but the impact of dying without one can be devastating. Not only could your loved ones miss out on inheritance you would have wanted them to receive, but it increases the risk of disagreements arising over your money and property that could end up permanently damaging close family relationships.
That is why we have made it as easy as possible to put your wishes into writing – make your Will from the comfort of your own home in 10 minutes for a fixed fee of just £150 including VAT.
Our automated online Will writing service is suitable for straightforward Wills. It is a quick and simple process to make an online Will.
If you would like to make an automated online Will then please click the following link, Tayntons Online Wills. It will take you to a short questionnaire which you can answer to automatically generate your Will.
If you would like further advice before using our service, give our Will solicitors in Gloucester a call or fill in our simple online enquiry form to request a call back.
We serve individuals across Gloucestershire, including Cheltenham and the Forest of Dean. However, our online Will service can be used by any individual, so long as you live in England or Wales.
Why make an online Will?
There are many reasons to make a Will, such as:
- Make sure your money and property goes to the right people after you die – if you do not leave a Will, you have no control over where your assets go and they could be inherited by people you do not want to receive them
- Appoint executors to administer your estate – someone has to take on the job of sorting out your money and property and distributing inheritance to your loved ones. Leave a Will to appoint someone you trust to do the best job
- Make it easier for your family to sort out your estate after you die – they will not have to worry about disrespecting your final wishes because they will all be officially written down
- Appoint guardians for your children in case you and their other parent both pass away before they turn 18 years old
- Reduce the amount of Inheritance Tax you will have to pay after you die
- Protect your partner if you are not married or in a civil partnership – if you do not leave a Will, they will not be allowed to inherit
- Protect your stepchildren for the same reason as above
- Avoid family disputes about your final wishes and avoid unnecessary emotional stress after you are gone
How do I make a Will online?
Register for our online Will writing service and complete the online Will questionnaire.
Your Will is prepared automatically by our Will generation software, using the answers you have provided in your completed Will questionnaire. Therefore, make sure you check your answers carefully before selecting the Will package you want to use.
You will be able to download your Will after you have paid our fees. When you download your Will you will also get an explanation sheet explaining the clauses in it as well as detailed instructions about how to complete the Will.
How much will my online Will cost?
The cost of a single Will is £150.00 including VAT. You and your partner can also make mirror Wills (a pair of Wills that are broadly the same) at a cost of £225.00 including VAT.
How long will making an online Will take?
Completing the online Will questionnaire is a simple process and should take approximately 10 minutes.
Can I make an online Will?
You can make an online Will if you:
- Are domiciled in England and Wales
- Understand the English Language
- Have sufficient mental capacity to make a Will (you understand what making a Will means and its effect)
- Are able to read and write in English
- Are 18 years old or over
Is our online Will writing service right for you?
Our online will writing service is suitable for straightforward Wills that do not require any Inheritance Tax planning. For example, if you plan to leave everything you own to your spouse then to your children in equal shares.
When do you need a solicitor to make a Will?
Our online Will service is not suitable if you:
- Are being influenced by anyone in answering the questions or providing the information
- Are being coerced in to making a Will or are subject to undue influence
- Are domiciled outside of England and Wales
- Own property outside England and Wales
- Intend to leave England and Wales on a permanent basis
- Have a business or farming interests
- Wish to leave any land, building, timeshare or intellectual property as a separate gift
- Wish to leave anything of value to a person who has a learning disability and/or is dependent on means tested benefits
- Are excluding someone from your Will that might reasonably expect to be provided for (for example a spouse, a child or someone who is dependent on you).
If any of these apply to you or you are otherwise concerned, for example, because you have family who say they would challenge your Will or because you have complex finances, such as investments, please get in touch for expert advice. Our Will solicitors can ensure that your wishes are clearly set out and draft strong clauses to minimise the risk of challenge.
Visit our Making a Will page for more information.
Are online Wills legal?
So long as the Will is completed properly once you download it, it will be legally valid.
Completing the Will includes signing it in the presence of two witnesses and then having the witnesses sign in your presence. We will provide comprehensive, easy-to-follow instructions which will explain how to do this.
Contact us for expert advice about making a Will online
Need help with our automated online Will writing service or anything else to do with Wills in Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean or anywhere in Gloucestershire?
Please contact us today by calling 0800 158 4147, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or requesting a call back.