Graduate Paralegal to Trainee Pathway
At Tayntons Solicitors we recognise that we will only continue to succeed if we grow our talented team. To do this we offer competitive salaries, opportunities for flexible working and a supportive working environment. We look for enthusiastic and proactive individuals who share our values and work ethic, and in return, we will help them develop their legal careers from a paralegal with our graduate training contract programme.
One way we recruit is our Paralegal to Trainee Programme. Our programme enables people to get real-world experience working on client files, whilst being supervised and developing their legal skills and achieving their potential. We believe gaining experience as a paralegal before beginning your traineeship will help you determine how you would like to progress your career in law.
Paralegal to Training Contract Programme
Successful Graduate applicants to our Paralegal to Trainee Programme will work in a paid position as a paralegal at Tayntons for 12 months. They will be integral to our team, working alongside our lawyers, and will receive supervision and support throughout. At the end of the 12 months, our paralegals get the opportunity to apply for a training contract at Tayntons.
If you already have experience as a paralegal, you may be able to fast track this process, and this is something we would discuss with you at your initial interview. Similarly at the end of the 12 months if you decide that you would like to continue to work as a paralegal, or maybe you would prefer to study the CILEx route rather than the Solicitor route to legal qualification then we will work with you to support you in your career development.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people of all ages and backgrounds to apply for our programme.
Application for Paralegal to Training Contract Process
Our application process opens on 1st June and ends on 31st August each year for a Paralegal to Training Contract.
To apply please complete our Application Form with a covering letter and CV, and send it to our Practice Manager Samantha Pennington at email@example.com
After a successful paralegal contract, you will be invited to complete an essay set by the firm and then if shortlisted, invited to attend an interview with Tayntons Managing Partner, Staff Partner and Practice Manager. At this interview you will be asked to demonstrate your ability to work as part of a team, prioritise work and showcase your presentation skills.
What we look for in applicants
To be successful you will be able to demonstrate that you can:
- understand our values and quality standards
- show a willingness to be proactive and adaptive
- know how to prioritise tasks and manage your time effectively so that deadlines are met
- produce accurate and carefully prepared work
- take responsibility for problems, know when to escalate and ask for support and guidance
- demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills, using language appropriate to the task and the audience
- work as part of a team, sharing ideas and affording the same amount of courtesy to peers
- confidently represent the firm when talking to clients or at networking events
- be professional, respectful and trustworthy
What we provide
- a planned and professional programme of legal training and experience
- opportunity to keep up to date and increase knowledge in relevant practice areas
- support in your personal training and development