The purpose of the role is to provide legal services to clients in relation to general commercial property matters, with specific focus on sale and purchase of commercial property, taking and granting of leases, lease renewal and assist in the co-ordination of the team’s activities and achievement of its business objectives
- Initial consultations and client triage where required;
- Advising and liaising with clients on commercial property matters;
- Ongoing case management;
- Client relationship management;
- Negotiation on matters;
- Networking and business development for commercial work flows;
- Reviewing and managing WIP and client financing in relation to ongoing matters;
- To produce all fees to meet monthly and year end targets;
- Outstanding debt collection;
- Attend team meetings where appropriate;
- Keep files well organised and property updated;
- To use DPS for all emails, letters, reports and correspondence and ensure other team members use it correctly;
- Utilise PC skills as necessary to carry out the job tasks;
- Record phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate. Actioning to ensure response to calls, where necessary;
- Compliance with Company standards
The job will require someone who has a proven record of accomplishment in organising their own personal workload and responsibilities; the ability to determine priorities and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate is likely to be 2 years+ PQE (or equivalent) and have experience of using multiple systems, collating and analysing data as well as exemplary administration skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Pro-active with good interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- High level of attention to detail and an enquiring mind.
- The ability to manage time effectively, prioritising tasks to ensure that deadlines are met.
- The ability to understand clear and concise instructions.
- A keen team member, with the ability to accept responsibility and work on their own initiative.
- Excellent client relationship skills
- Friendly and communicative and used to working in a business team environment
- Confidential and discreet
- Maintain absolute discretion when dealing with confidential data
- Able to work in a structured and timely fashion with the ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines
- Accurate written communication skills with good attention to detail and able to evaluate and scrutinise third party input
- Excellent oral communication, interpersonal skills and telephone manner, able to motivate and enthuse others in their tasks
- Excellent IT and systems skills and a highly proficient and experienced user of all Microsoft
- Office programmes, with excellent numeracy and spreadsheet skills
- Experience of collating and analysing data
- Willingness to train in the use of various Tayntons Systems