Author Archives for Chris Price

Fathers without Parental Responsibility: What You Need to Know

What happens when a father does not have the legal rights to contribute to their child’s life and growing up? What impact does this have? In England and Wales, fathers without parental responsibility face some restrictions with activities concerning their children. In this blog post, we will discuss the law on fathers without parental responsibility…

Read more

Christmas contact arrangements for children after divorce

If you and your child’s other parent are no longer living together, you will need to make arrangements for the Christmas period. Working out early on where your child will spend each day avoids last-minute stress and disputes that cannot be settled in time for the festive period. With family courts experiencing a backlog of…

Read more

New ‘no-fault’ divorce law comes into effect

The long-awaited Divorce, Dissolution and Separation Act 2020 (the Act) finally becomes law on 6 April 2022. Tayntons’ Head of Family Law and partner Chris Price takes a look at the changes it will make and how they may be beneficial for those seeking a divorce or the dissolution of a civil partnership as well…

Read more

Can I keep the house if I get divorced?

For many couples, their shared home is their main asset. This means that it can be difficult to divide it when a relationship breaks down, particularly if the other available assets are not worth as much. It can also be stressful to have to consider the possibility of selling your home, particularly at a time…

Read more

Dealing with child contact over the Christmas holidays

If you have separated from your children’s other parent, the thought of Christmas can be difficult. Both parents are likely to want to spend some quality time with their children and tensions may arise if you both want to have contact on the same dates. Christopher Price, partner at Gloucester law firm Tayntons, and head…

Read more

Dealing with a family business in a divorce

If you or your spouse has an interest in a business, there will always be arguments as to whether or not this should be taken into account during a divorce and treated as a matrimonial asset. If you have been in a long marriage, then the law aims to divide assets equally. This can be…

Read more

Get in touch

To contact us please call 0800 158 4147 or 03330 145451 or email

Contact us
  • Call us

  • Make an enquiry