Can a health need give rise to a right of appeal?


A parent or young person’s right of appeal is always exercised by challenging the educational aspects of an EHC Plan.  Once the right of appeal has been established it is possible to pursue an extended appeal and to ask the Tribunal to make recommendations regarding the Health and Social Care needs and provision sections in the EHCP.

Contact us

At Tayntons we can advise you on the best course of action if you are having difficulties with the local authority over your child’s needs.  Our team represents parents of children with a range of SEN.

If you would like to speak to our expert SEN law solicitor, Imelda Brennan, call us on 0800 158 4147, email us at  or request a call back and a member of our team will be in touch promptly.

To contact us please call 0800 158 4147 or 03330 145451 or email

Contact us
  • Call us

  • Make an enquiry