Change of Name Deed Solicitors in Gloucester

If you decide to change your name, Tayntons can help you to do this.

You can change your name at any time and for any reason provided, it is not to deceive or defraud or for criminal benefit. Authorities such as HM Passport Office, DVLA and your bank will require evidence of your change of name for their records and this is given by way of Deed Poll or Deed of Change of Name.

A Change of Name Deed will be drawn up by one of our experienced solicitors, who will meet with you to ensure the correct procedure is followed and provide you with certified copies to send to the organisations you will need to advise of your change if name. We can also store the original Deed for safekeeping if required.

A parent can change their child’s name on their behalf as long as anyone else with parental responsibility also consents to this. If your child is 16 or 17 years old, they must consent to it in writing as well and if your child is 18 years old or older, they will have to execute their own Change of Name Deed.

If you require a Change of Name Deed, then speak to our family law solicitors. We offer this service for £175 plus VAT (£210.00), which includes an electronic identification check.

Get in touch

To contact us please call 0800 158 4147 or 03330 145451 or email

Contact us
  • Call us

  • Make an enquiry