Even though redundancy is a fair reason for dismissing an employee, there are still circumstances when a claim for unfair dismissal can be made. The following circumstances may give rise to a claim:
- Failure to follow fair procedure or consultation process
- Not utilising a fair and objective selection process
- Unfair selection on personal grounds with others being favoured
- No attempt to offer or create an alternative role
- Favouring a junior employee at the expense of a senior one
If you believe you have been unfairly dismissed or made redundant then speak to us at Tayntons. Our Gloucester solicitors have extensive experience in this area and are able to assist you on your whether you have a case and what your next steps are. We offer employment tribunal representation also. Why not book an initial 45-minute consultation at £75.00 plus VAT (£90.00) with our employment specialist team today?