Probate Fixed Fee Costs
We can help you through this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Probate on your behalf. That’s why Tayntons offer a fixed fee package to you the same quality service at a guaranteed fixed price without any hidden extras.
Our fees are based upon the time we spend carrying out all the work this is required to administer the estate. The time spent will include all the meetings we have with you and others, as well as time spent working on the estate, drafting documents, telephone calls, letters and traveling.
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter. For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end. We will handle the full process for you.
How much does this service cost?
TOTAL: Fixed fee of £780 (incl. VAT but not including disbursements) (where an inheritance tax account is not required)
Fixed fee of £1,200 (incl. VAT but not including disbursements) (where an inheritance tax account is required)
This includes receiving the information from you as to the assets and liabilities of the estate, preparing the application paperwork for your approval and signature and obtaining the grant of probate.
Breakdown of costs:
Legal fees £650 for where an inheritance tax account is not required
Legal fees £1,000 for where an inheritance tax account is required
VAT on legal fees £130
VAT on legal fees £200
As well as our fees you must also pay for any expenses we incur on your behalf. These expenses are called “disbursements” and sometimes attract VAT.
Disbursements payable in addition to this fee:
- Probate court fee of £155.
- Copies of grant at 50p each
- £7 swearing of the oath (per executor).
- £5 swearing of the oath (per executor) where there is no Will
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£2 per beneficiary)
- £83.40 Post in the London Gazette – Protect against unexpected claims from unknown creditors.
- £115.20 Post in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against unexpected claims. This will vary depending on where the advert is placed.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
As part of our fixed fee we will:
- Provide you with a dedicated and experienced probate lawyer to work on your matter
- Identify the legally appointed executors or administrators and beneficiaries
- Accurately identify the type of Probate application you will require
- Obtain the relevant documents required to make the application
- Complete the Probate Application and the relevant HMRC forms
- Draft a legal oath for you to swear
- Make the application to the Probate Court on your behalf
- Obtain the Probate and provide copies to you
How long will this take?
- On average, estates where no inheritance tax account is required are dealt with within 3-4 months. Where an inheritance tax account is required, we are in the hands of HMRC and therefore timescales will be longer but we will of course, keep you updated.
Why choose Tayntons probate solicitors?
Tayntons’ probate solicitors and lawyers offer practical, empathetic support for all aspects of the probate process to Executors and other interested parties in Gloucester and throughout Gloucestershire, including Cheltenham and the Forest of Dean and further afield.
Working alongside our probate team, we have a very reliable residential property team who can assist with all of the property issues that tend to arise during the probate process, such as selling property and transfer of title.
Tayntons has achieved Lexcel accreditation from the Law Society, recognising the strength of our practice management and client care. We are independently regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) providing assurance that we continually meet the highest legal and professional standards.
Get in touch with our probate solicitors in Gloucester
Do you need help with any aspect of probate in Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean or anywhere in Gloucestershire? Please contact us today by calling 0800 158 4147, emailing us at email@example.com or requesting a call back.