Child Arrangements Orders

Child Arrangements Orders are a type of court order that can be used to specify where you child will live when they will spend time with each parent and what other contact the non-resident parent will have with their child or children.

A Child Arrangements Order can provide certainty for both you and your children, but will usually be a last resort, where attempts to reach a voluntary agreement with your ex-partner have not been successful. Child Arrangements Orders can also be used where there are issues such as domestic abuse that mean court action is the only appropriate option.

Tayntons’ family law solicitors, based in Gloucester, have years of experience helping parents to make sure the right arrangements are in place for their children following divorce and separation. We can help you apply for a Child Arrangements Order and represent you in court to ensure the best possible outcome for your children.

We also have strong expertise in non-confrontational dispute resolution, so can help to explore the possibility of a voluntary agreement where this is preferable to court action.

For initial advice and to discuss your legal options, we offer a 45-minute consultation for a fixed fee of £75 + VAT.

Speak to one of our family law solicitors about any issues related to Child Arrangement Orders now by calling 0800 158 4147 or request a call back and a member of our team will be in touch promptly.

How we can help you with child arrangements

As well as helping with Child Arrangements Orders, our family law solicitors can also help you make the right arrangements for your children following divorce and family separation in other ways.

Making child arrangements voluntarily

These days, it is more common for arrangements for children to be agreed voluntarily between separating parents. We can support you in this process with guidance about options including mediation and other non-confrontational approaches such as round table meetings.

We can advise you on the creation of a written Parenting Plan, setting out the details of your children’s care, and help you to apply for a Consent Order to make any voluntary agreements you reach legally binding.

Specific Issue Orders

Specific Issues Orders can be used to deal with specific matters related to a child’s upbringing, such as where they will go to school, if they should have a religious education etc. They can be used where parents cannot agree on such issues and need a court to decide the matter.

Prohibited Steps Orders

Where there are concerns about a parent’s fitness to be involved in decisions about a child’s upbringing, we can apply for a Prohibited Steps Order to prevent your ex-partner having a say in key decisions about your child’s life.

Why choose Tayntons Solicitors for Child Arrangement Orders?

Tayntons’ child law team regularly works with parents in relation to Child Arrangements Orders and connected issues in Gloucester and throughout Gloucestershire, including Cheltenham and the Forest of Dean.

We offer an empathetic, highly practical approach with a strong focus on good communication, aiming to make the process of resolving these often contentious issues as easy as possible.

Tayntons’ family law solicitors are accredited by the Law Society for Children Law, recognising our particular expertise in this area. Several of our team are members of Resolution – an organisation committed to taking a non-confrontational approach to family law.

As a firm, we have been awarded the Law Society’s Lexcel accreditation reflecting the excellence of our practice management and client care.

Get in touch with our family law solicitors in Gloucester

COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Our Family Department remains open and active at this time. All of our staff are ready and equipped to work remotely. Appointments for existing and new client’s can take place via telephone conference (or in some cases video link.)

Looking for legal advice and support with Child Arrangement Orders in Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Forest of Dean or anywhere in Gloucestershire?

Please contact us today by calling 0800 158 4147, emailing us at or requesting a call back.

To contact us please call 0800 158 4147, 03330 145451, email or use our