The breakdown of a marriage is extremely difficult for everyone involved. It can be a disruptive and unsettling time. One where you will need as much support and guidance as possible. You may be worried about what the future holds for you and your family but also what it may cost to sort things out properly.
Unfortunately legal aid is now very restricted or not available at all. This is why Tayntons have introduced a fixed fee divorce package. This gives you the same quality service at a guaranteed fixed price without any hidden extras.
What does our fixed fee divorce package cost?
|VAT on our fees*||£75.00|
* VAT will be charged at the rate prevailing at the time the work is carried out. At the time of going to press this is 20%.
** Please note that court fees increase from time to time. We therefore reserve the right to increase the fixed fee amount in line with any increase in the court fees. Depending upon your financial circumstances, you may be eligible for a reduction or exemption on court fees. We will be able to advise you further.
What is included in our fixed fee divorce package?
- Correspondence with you and your spouse or solicitors instructed by your spouse in relation to divorce issues only
- The drafting of the Divorce Petition
- The filing of the Petition at Court
- Dealing with your spouse’s Acknowledgment of Service of the divorce papers
- Drafting the Statement in Support
- Submitting application for Decree Nisi
- Advising you of the Decree Nisi date
- Applying for Decree Absolute
- Additional meetings (where necessary) and telephone calls totaling up to one hour
What is not included in our fixed fee divorce package?
- Any advice or work on issues with regard to children, financial matters or domestic abuse.
- Advice if the divorce is defended (or if there is a cross-petition) or the petition needs amending after it has been sent to the Court
- Cases which need to be issued outside of England and Wales or where your spouse lives abroad
- The cost of obtaining your marriage certificate or having it translated
- An application to omit your address from the divorce petition
- Dealing with service difficulties – there are a number of steps which can be taken if your spouse fails to acknowledge receipt of the divorce papers including instructing a process server to personally serve the papers, applying for deemed or substituted service or applying to dispense with service of the papers upon your spouse
- Advice on enforcing or disputing the costs of a divorce
- Cases where the other party cannot be located or will not co-operate
- Completion of the fee remission form and/or dealing with any queries the Court may raise in relation to the application or accompanying evidence
- Attending Court
We will happily carry out any of the above services not included in the fixed fee but at our usual hourly charging rate. Prior to undertaking this work we would be able to give you an estimate of costs and an outline of the additional work required in your particular case.
If you would like to contact our fixed fee divorce solicitors then please call us on 0800 158 4147 or use our contact form.0800 158 4147 email@example.com